Setup Dialup Internet Connection in
Getting to Internet Options
- Click on Start, then Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet Options.
- Click the Internet Options link.
- Click the Connections
tab at the top.
- Click the Setup button.
Set up a dial-up connection
- Dial-up phone number - Enter the local dialup
phone number (without area code!) for where you live. For Sumter
County enter 793-6200 and leave the area code blank. If you
have call waiting and wish to deactivate this feature while you
are on-line, click the link to the right "Dialing Rules"
and type in *70 where it says "If you dial a number to access
an outside line, what is it?"
- Username: Type your Sum.Net username in small letters.
Please include @sum.net.
- Password: Type in your password.
- Connection name: Type in Sum.Net for your connection
- Click Connect.
Completing the Setup Wizard
- If your computer is not connected to a phone line, it will report
the connection unsuccessful. Click Setup connection anyway.
- Press the Close button if it appears to finish
To access the Internet go to the Windows
7 start button.
You have now set up Windows 7 to connect to Sum.Net. If you would
like to set up to send and receive email click here to go to the email